Total Pageviews

Saturday 19 December 2015

Merry Christmas!

Welcome Back, Everyone!

Moving home is always one of the most stressful things anyone can undertake. Having now just done exactly that, and moved into a new job too, my stress levels have been tested to their limits!

Anyway, there won't be any more posts from me for a bit, as life is taking over, and I need to sort-out a few things. I will be definitely back, later in January 2016, with some more news and film reviews, including my new article on Arrow. (And it's something that will surprise many of you!)

One story I can just quickly report, is that 88 Films' UK Blu-Ray release of NIGHTMARES IN A DAMAGED BRAIN had to be removed from sale across all UK retail and e-tail stores, on Friday 18th December, due to the film not being legally cleared by the BBFC!

Quite what has happened, is yet to be confirmed! Stores received notice on Friday afternoon asking for all unsold copies to be withdrawn from sale immediately, and stock to be removed from sale to the public. All stock has had to be returned to suppliers, until further notice.

Since then, all HMV stores have removed stock, as have Amazon. Zavvi.com however, have NOT yet removed it, and copies were still orderable from them!

Technically, they're now in breach of English Law (sale of uncertificated film material), but if you want to own a copy of the "banned" version of this release, you can still get it - for the moment at least.

Nothing has been posted on 88 Films's own site, nor their Facebook page, but they have withdrawn the item from sale, and it no longer appears as a release on their site.

Whether they will announce anything, is anyone's guess, but if I hear any news, I shall report back.

For now, though, I wish all my blog readers the warmest of Seasons Greetings, for a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

Stay safe, and I'll see you back here in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment